In this process, OnePlus has parterned with Droom who are the pioneer in online automobile marketplace is holding a first-of-its-kind smartphone auction of the First five OnePlus 3 smartphones in India and all the proceeds from that auction goes to charity chosen by the OnePlus community.
on Droom. The top five highest individual bidders for the OnePlus 3
smartphones will end up owning the “first-ever OnePlus 3’s in India”
along with a surprise element attached to the phone, which OnePlus will
reveal at the time of handing over the handsets to the winners.
Elaborating on the concept behind the auction Vikas Agarwal, General Manager, India at OnePlus said, “We are excited by the response from the OnePlus community to our latest flagship. Through this unique smartphone auction, we want to offer our loyal fans an opportunity to get their hands on the first few OnePlus 3 smartphones in the country, even before it goes on sale while also contributing to the society.”
Following is a step-by-step guide for fans wishing to participate at the auction:
· Bidders need to head over to the Droom website to participate in the auction
· Registration is mandatory for eligibility as bidders will need to login to the portal
· Bidding will commence from Rupee 1, with no cap on the final amount for bids
· Every bid increases the price of the OnePlus 3 smartphone by Rupees 5
· Auction goes live from June 9th, 4 PM to June 12th, 3:59:59 PM
· A live leaderboard on the product page will be provided to showcase the top 10 bids in real time
· The top 5 bidders will be sent a link to purchase the phones they bid for, immediately after the auction closes
· The phones will be delivered after the global launch scheduled on June 14th