GALAXY Nexus is the world’s first Smartphone running Android™ 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, the latest release of the Android platform.
It features a 4.65” HD Super AMOLED display technology at 720p resolution and a 1.2GHz dual core processor combined with 4G LTE or HSPA+ Technology. You can browse, watch movies, video chat & share without delay. With the 1.2 GHZ dual core processor you can quickly switch between apps and enjoy high-definition gaming and a lightning fast web browser.
Simplicity : With Ice Cream Sandwich, Samsung built a mobile OS that works on both phones and tables to make the power of Android enticing and intuitive. Samsung has created a new font that's optimized for HD displays and it has eliminated all hardware button in Galaxy Nexus in favour of adaptable software buttons. Galaxy Nexus also has improved keyboard , interactive notifications and resizable widgets. With desktop-class browser featuring a refined tab manager and it has ability to sync your bookmarks with Google Chrome. Ice Cream Sandwich also features the best Gmail experience till date with a new design that lets you quickly swipe through the inbox and search messages even when you are offline.
Connectivity and sharing:
Galaxy Nexus comes up with a new People app which compiles high-resolution photos and updates from Google+ and other social networks. Its very easy to capture and share your beautiful moments with your friends and family with just one click share. Galaxy Nexus sports a high-end camera with zero shutter lag, meaning you can keep on clicking pictures without much delay. Also, camera is with automatic focus, top notch low-light performance and very easy way to capture panoramic pictures. You can shoot high resolution pictures and also use the camera to shoot 1080p video , and then can edit / share them directly from your phone.
Know your usage:
"Galaxy Nexus isn't just a Smartphone - its beyond smart" claims Samsung and Google. Ice cream sandwich gives you complete control over the amount of mobile data you use by helping you understand better and manage it.
Galaxy Nexus introduces 'Android Beam' which uses NFC technology (Near field communication) using which you can instantly share your pictures, videos, applications and the web pages you browse etc., by simply tapping two phones together. NFC is a big hit in Nokia's Symbian Belle phones which they recently launched.
Face Unlock is one of the coolest feature in Galaxy Nexus. It uses state-of-the-art facial recognition technology to unlock your phone . No more remembering passwords to unlock your phone and it gives additional protection to your Smartphone.
More detailed explanation of the features of this beauty are available here at Official Android developers site. Head over here
Now for developers, Official SDK of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is available here . You can begin adapting your applications ahead of launch.
Specifications of the Device:
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream
- 4.65-inch HD Super AMOLED Screen with 720p resolution
- 1.2GHz dual-core processor
- Redesigned UI in Android 4.0
- Improved multi-tasking, notifications, Wi-Fi hotspot, NF support, full web browsing
- Android 4.0 features Software Navigation buttons – brand new
- People App with Google+ Integration among other features
- Redesigned camera with panorama mode, 1080p video, zero-shutter lag, silly faces and background replacement features
- Face Unlock: Facial recognition to unlock your phone! BOOM that just happened.
- Android Beam uses NFC to easily share content with other Android users with the bump of phones
- PURE GOOGLE EXPERIENCE
- All the Google Apps you love from Android Market and GMail to Movie Studio and redesigned Google+ app
- 8.94mm thick, 4.29mm bezel
- LTE and HSPA+ connectivity
- Available in USA, Europe, and Asia beginning in November and then rolled out globally
Official Promo Video of Galaxy Nexus: Do check out.